What dreams and goals do you have for your business at the beginning of this new year? As you ease into January, take time to set the stage for a great year to come: great marketing, great sales, and great clients. Ask yourself the questions below to help you reflect and plan, and get ready for good things to happen!
- How much business do you really want? What would be new and different for you if you had that level of business?
- What worked best to bring you clients last year? How can you do more of that in the year to come?
- What have you been doing to get clients that hasn’t paid off for you? How can you replace or revise that tactic in the coming months?
- What do you most love to do, marketing-wise? How can you organize your marketing plans around the activities you prefer?
- When you look at the stages of the Get Clients Now! Universal Marketing Cycle (Filling the Pipeline, Following Up, Having Sales Conversations, Closing Sales), which stage could use more attention?
- How much time do you spend marketing for new clients vs. serving existing clients? Are you spending enough time marketing, and, do you have enough time to serve your current clients well?
- What new thing would you like to learn about marketing and sales? Is there a book you’d like to read (I recommend Get Clients Now!), a seminar you want to attend, or a business coach you’d like to work with?
- As the ruler of your empire, how will you take care of yourself?
- If you told yourself one truth about your business, marketing, and getting clients, what would it be?
- What’s one thing you can do today to get more clients? (Hint: ask yourself this question every morning.)
One of the secrets of successful business owners is that they take the time to reflect on what is and isn’t working, then make a plan for what to do next. Make this the year that you integrate regular reflection and planning into your marketing efforts. When December rolls around, you’ll be glad that you did.